Gidgee Healing currently has a full time opportunity to join the Doomadgee Primary Health Care team as a Transport Officer.
This role requires compassion and a sense of community spirit while you deliver routine care and transportation for non-emergency patients to and from our clinic, healthcare facilities and private residences.
Gidgee Healing provides a comprehensive and growing range of services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander across the areas of Mount Isa, North West and Lower Gulf of Carpentaria regions. Our core objective is to support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people improve their health and wellbeing, whilst continually enhancing the quality and scope of care provided.
Roles and responsibilities of this position, but are not limited to include:
- Patient transport
- Transport administration
- Vehicle care
- Self-management and team contribution
- Foster linkages
- Generous salary package
- Remote living allowance of $180 per week
- 2 x domestic flights per year (valued at $1800)
- Salary sacrifice up to $15,600 per year
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Experience in people transportation and demonstrated skills in vehicle maintenance procedures
- Driving experience, including knowledge and understanding of road rules
- Ability to independently prioritise duties including effective time management skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to identify and prioritise patients in need of medical attention, with the support of the clinical team
- Current LR or MR Class Drivers Licence (QLD)
- Be willing to obtain a satisfactory National Police Check
- Hold (or be willing to obtain) a Working With Children Check for employment.
Applications are to be received by COB Thursday 24th January 2019
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a dynamic Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service that promotes a supportive and inclusive working culture, offers a flexible working environment and exciting employee benefits. If this sounds like the job for you please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Lauren Taylor on (07) 4749 6515, quoting Ref No. 841810.