We currently have a full time position available for a committed and passionate Registered Nurse at the Normanton Primary Health Care Clinic.
If you are strongly committed to providing top-notch, compassionate patient care, we encourage you to apply for this position.
In turn we will provide you with the following benefits:
- Competitive salary (dependent upon years of experience/quals)
- 5 weeks annual leave
- $180 per week Remote Living Allowance
- 2 x return flights per annum (up to $900 per flight)
- Professional Development Allowance incl flights of $5200 p/year
- Yearly retention bonus
- Free health care
- Generous salary sacrifice of $15,600 p/year
Gidgee Healing provides a comprehensive and growing range of services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander across the areas of Mt Isa, and the North West and Lower Gulf region of Queensland. Our core objective is to support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people improve their health and wellbeing, whilst continually enhancing the quality and scope of care provided.
The primary function of this position is to provide high quality nursing practice including assessment, examination, treatment and case management, along with contributing to the development of models of holistic health incorporating continuity of care.
The Registered Nurse works within a clinical team environment with the aim of improving the health status of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people through the provision of comprehensive and culturally valid primary health care services.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Current unconditional nursing registration through AHPRA;
- A comprehensive understanding of health issues affecting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and a strong commitment to improving health outcomes;
- Ability to work sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people;
- Demonstrated skill in working in a primary care setting, in particular the ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team with a sound understanding of your role in the cycle of care for a client;
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written skills with particular emphasis on interpersonal communication skills, confidentiality and record keeping.
Normanton offers a relaxed and casual lifestyle, with a wealth of camping and exploring, scenic national parks as well as pristine river, lake and open water fishing and recreation.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Applications close COB Wednesday 24th April 2019